Thursday 10 November 2016

Developing the name for the magazine

In todays lesson we have been tasked with choosing the font that we want to use for our initial magazine. Doing so we have been told to use Photoshop. At first I initially wanted to use Microsoft Powerpoint as I thought that it would have a better range of fonts. However as I used Photoshop I found there was a much vaster range of font types to use with it.





























With coming with 3 names for my initial magazine I had rather big brainstorm of ideas that I wanted to use while coming up with it. The first name Red brooks was pretty much similar to the name of the college that I go to right now called Rooks heath. The reasoning behind it was that the school badge for the middle school below the sixth form students has a picture of a small bird on top of a twig with the school logo attached with it. Initially I thought having  the name to do something with a robin so I tried many similar ideas until I came up with the name Red brooks.

The name Willow speare was along the same lines as Red brooks as I was going along with theme of nature and animals such as robins. During my daily life I walk past a forest/park to get to school and there are a lot of willow trees so that came back to my remembrance so the name Willow was the first part of the name. Further on in the day someone started playing Britney speares so I just combined the two names to get Willowspeare High.

The last name Pillock High was a name that I had in the back of my mind before I started doing the task when we was first told that we was initially going to create a magazine. So I just put the name down as one the three names that we was tasked with. This name is also easy to remember and quite generic rather than other fancy names that I generally thought of at the start of the exercise, however at the end I did come up with these 3 names that I thought was most suitable out of the 10 that I originally had.





No comments:

Post a Comment