Tuesday 15 November 2016

Everything so far

I feel that the initial designs that I thought up along with the many different names have been quite a difficult task even though they sound so simple to complete. The reason that I found these tasks so difficult is that I tried my best to have a high school name that stood out from the rest. By that I mean I didn't want a name that sounded familiar or a name that sounded like an everyday high school I wanted a name that would essentially mean something to those that go there. The reason behind this is that I wanted to inspire the people that attended the high school even though there is no one actually going because the school isn't actually real but that's the general idea that I had at the time of creating this so called High school.

The colour design also meant a lot because I wanted the colour design to not only be statement but to have some meaning behind it. Which is why I have decided to continue with the initial design that I have chosen on a recent post with the words Red in the colour red along with the word High in red also. The reasoning behind this is that the I wanted the colour and the word Red to stand out from everything else and the way that I pictured it on the magazine front cover would be a great methodical way of doing so. Due to this I think the general ideas that I have had so far are quite good but I do believe with a bit more work I can improve the initial designs that I have had on my work so far.

Doing some research I have looked at other student magazines online to see what kind of typography that they have along with the general colour scheme that they have. Most of them will either have the first letter in a certain colour for example green while everything else is in black and maybe italics. The reasoning behind this could be due to the fact that most of the schools could be trying to reinforce the idea of the school trying to empower their students.

No comments:

Post a Comment