Wednesday 9 November 2016

House style - school magazine task

The font of text that I will be using for my preliminary task is called  leelawadee The reason as to why I will be using the font type leelawadee  is that to me I believe that it stands out from the rest and is more appropriate than other fonts.  Also with some research I found that some font types cause strain on the eyes and because of this I wanted to pick a font type that would strain the eyes for the teens but also was very readable and clear.

As for my magazine the colour scheme that I have in mind to use for it will be Red and black. The reason for this is that the connotations of the two colours complement each other very well especially for teenagers. The colour Red has connotations of Anger and Passion which is very relevant as teenagers tend to be quite passionate about things that they truly like and enjoy. The colour Black has connotations of power. Most teenage boys have dreams and aspirations of becoming powerful and able to fend for themselves.  Because of the connotations of the colour black  and red I do believe that the colour scheme will work together along with it being eye catchy and also coherent to the task at hand.

The Mode of address that I will be carrying out for the magazine will be informal. The reason for this is that I don't want the teenagers to be threatened by the way I approach them through words or feel as if what they are reading is bore but to have a relaxed atmosphere and feel that they are talking to someone  they can relate with. Also by having an informal approach I wont be intimidating them by talking formally and  using large words that they might not understand but at the same time I will try not to use to much of their 'slang' to the point where reading is painful because of the cringe. By doing this I may also gain a positive feedback from the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment