Thursday 3 November 2016

 In the course of a week I have only been able to get 3 answers on my survey about the magazine that I am initially trying to create. From now I will try and analyse the information that is present and also try and understand the reason why I may have received such small responses.














The first question of how old are you ? I noticed that from the 3 people that have answered the survey that I most of them are ages 15. Knowing this I can analyze what my potential audience will be like for my initial magazine when I have made it and what type of audience I will have to cater for.




































On the next question I realized that the majority of people that answered my question are male, however I did have one female. This may show that  I may need to have more information catering for males than females with the information present but that doesn't mean I shouldn't have any information in my magazine for the opposite sex.
































With the information present I can see that I have mixed answer as to be expected as most people wont share the same interests. With this information I can see that I will need to have pages that include the hobbies of the people that have answered this question to keep them interested and also to attract other people to my magazine.






With the information present on this question I can see that most of the teens have their parents as motivations for life. So through this I could get a page dedicated to a small speech from a famous older person who is a parent or a famous grandfather to someone in a certain subject to be an inspiration to the youth.

































By seeing who some bodies role model is I can layout my magazine in a way that can correlate with the answers that they have given. By seeing who someones role model is I can essentially see what kind of career path or academic structure they are trying to base their lives around and by doing this I can allocate certain pages in my blog to what they have answered with.
















By seeing who someones motivation in life is, I can see what kind of career path or what life style they are striving towards and also I can have brief understanding of why these people my be their motivations in life due to the facts of they childhood for the example of their parents or grandparents being the motivations in their life.






















Typography in magazines is seen not to be a huge deal but has a massive impact on how someone perceives and reads something by the way the design of certain words are written out. The majority of the answers that I received said that they prefer typography that stands out from other words which could potentially mean that they subconsciously like to stand out from the crowd or make a statement about something which is very useful for the way I could plan out my Mast head on my magazine.






























With the question what do you like about high school I presumed that some or most teenagers despised high school but I got a mixed response. Some said that they enjoyed high school because of the teachers and subjects and someone said other but that could be to represent nothing. This lets me know that in my magazine even tho it is aimed at the youth I shouldn't be reluctant to provide pages about school and some academic features or topics that could benefit the youth in the their future such as a guide line to certain jobs.


















With the question about contrasting colours I made mistake by not saying no just FYI. some people said they like contrasting colours such as yellow and black and red and blue. I believe that the colours have connotations that could essentially be aimed at the youth of today and the way that they view themselves. Such as the colour blue which has connotations of freedom which could essentially mean that teenagers want to be free and not have anything holding them back in life.



















With this question what do you not like about magazines I also got a mixed response of what people didn't like about magazines. According the information present I shouldn't focus on cramming so much writing and information into a page but use small paragraphs which also could have images to correspond with them to allow people to not be bored just reading but can also have a picture to reflect and relate to.



























And finally the question what designs do you like I left as an open question to allow people to really give me their real thoughts about what designs they feel really resonate with them. one person said they like words that stand out empower people to feel strong because they are reading the certain magazine I believe this could also relate to the typography. By seeing this I can also adjust my design of what my magazine will finally look like.

































 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment