Sunday 11 December 2016

In what way does your media product challenge real media products

 Before I started doing this task I wanted to have a brief idea of what other magazine pages and covers looked like so that I could know what I wanted to base my own one off of. Now Seeing other media products they all generally have the same basic design when it comes to the contents page and front cover. Now when saying this I don't initially mean that they are all identical but I mean that they have the same design concept. An example of this is on  the left with the contents page. They generally have a chunk of information on one side or going straight down the page telling us where and what pages certain information are on which is the main idea of a contents page, However then they have the general idea of sticking pictures round the edge of the page to fill up the gaps but also keep the readers and the audience entertained enough to continue reading. This general idea of contents page is generic in some sense and as you can see with my own contents page I based my own off of this same idea.




The same idea generally goes for my front cover page as they generally have the main image going down the middle of the page as seen present below. Then they have all the other information on the sides of the main image which will then briefly cover them over or overlap. Also they have the mast head behind the main image along with other typography near the face of the main image. Seeing this design concept I went along and did pretty much the same but it could have been a lot better in my opinion however at the time I was still getting to grasps with switching from InDesign to Photoshop but even on Photoshop my magic wand laso-tool skills aren't up to the standard that they need to be.



As you see below this is my idea that I had created for Redbrooks high which could have been a bit better as when I look at the main image it is visible where the editing has been done as their are pixelated areas of the image. However I went along with general idea of most front cover magazine pages have which is the Main image down the middle however the image that I have taken isn't generally down the middle as the main image bends into the photo rather than standing up right and the mast head isn't behind the image either, however most some of the words are overlapping the main images body.








Looking at my work now and comparing it with my peers I have learnt a few new techniques of how I can improve my work for the future and how I can make adjustments to most of the individual concepts that I use to make it look professional compared to the ones present because it is easy to tell that it was made by student when comparing it to professional magazine pages even though I'm not necessarily going to be on that level of editing yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment