Saturday 10 December 2016

What have I learnt about technology from constructing my product and also frmo further research

At the start of this course I was given the task of creating a magazine front cover and contents page, initially I wanted to use a Photoshop to create my magazine product, the reason I wanted to use photo shop at the start as I was more accustomed to using it from using for my GCSE course, however we all used to InDesign to create the magazine. I using InDesign I learnt how to use contour lines and also how to change different letters in a word to different colours while keeping the rest in black for example. However the skill that I still haven't mastered yet is the one that I struggled with while I was making my Gary Barlow front page which was getting the Text behind an individuals head. Also I also want to learn how to mask using InDesign as I know it very useful. During the lesson I watched Youtube videos which taught me how to use InDesign much faster as there was multiple tutorials on it.
During the actual preliminary task I will be using InDesign as I found it much more easier to use rather than that of Photoshop which sounds strange but once you really understand the basics of InDesign it is much easier and in some sense a it more reliable than Photoshop in some areas.

When I actually start doing my preliminary task I will be using other media formats rather than the just common style of using Microsoft Word and just typing away, I would like to use other media formats to show that I have knowledge of other media formats and to show off some of my own individual skills and that I know how to use editing software without going overboard for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment