Sunday 19 February 2017

Front cover plan design

As I was doing some research over the past couple of days I found some magazines over the internet that intrigued as there initial design matched mine with their front cover design. What I wanted was that the front cover of my magazine to be a close up image of an individuals face and having them making direct address. I have images below of where I got this idea from and also some examples of it.

 

 With these magazines the design idea really caught me rather than just having two individuals that were standing in the photo booth practically bathing in jewelry. I knew that kind of shot wasn't practical enough for me to get done at school as I wouldn't know where to get that kind of jewelry from. Throughout the past couple of days I have asked peers family members about it but no one has that kind of jewelry to match it.

I think one of the ones that I would like to take a few design hints from is the XXL magazine below, the main image is in the shot and also has some jewelry and its not to an extent to where people feel intimidated by the level or quality of the jewelry he's wearing and even with that the jewelry he has is silver. The individual is also making direct address which is one of the ideas that I wanted to have while making my own front cover but also the way that the image doesn't really completely blend in with the rest of the magazine as if he's trying to break away from it a little bit really kinds of stands out as the image of Drake for the VIBE magazine shows how he blends completely into the magazine which does also have a strange way of allowing himself to become immersed into the magazine while the XXL magazines main image try's to break away in a sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment